Need help finding the right words to describe your ideas, products, services, or procedures?
My copywriting helps my clients to articulate their messages clearly, convincingly, and credibly.
And my technical writing delivers crystal-clear, plain-language instructions with consistent styling throughout.
Over the past 35 years, I've written content for brochures, websites, video scripts, user manuals, corporate profiles, product sheets, news releases, case studies, newsletters, blog posts, standard operating procedures, ads, mission statements, company slogans, direct mail campaigns, and a children’s book.
Examples of my writing
Here are some examples of pieces that I've written for my clients:
- Biotelemetry: an introduction to Lotek Wireless Inc.
- Good software supports your workflow. Great software improves it.
- DynaSCAPE Design: A Foundation for Business Growth
- Community Mental Health Clinic staff streamline their workflow
- “It’s all about productivity.”
- Over 4,500 Ontario social workers rely on Coyote FORMWORKS
Product Sales Sheets
- A generic Writing Style Guide for a Canadian company
- Sample of user documentation for an online software system
- Using a SharePoint Communication Site
- Coyote Software Corporation, whole website (2018)
- DynaSCAPE Software, whole website (2014)
- Web designers: did you know that you’re also digital sign designers?
What will it cost?
Since every writing assignment is unique, please contact me to describe the details of your requirements, and I'll prepare a no-obligation estimate for your consideration and approval. I estimate the time required to research and learn about your topic, interview you if necessary, and write the article, based on my standard freelance rate of CAD $65/hour.
In my view, my job as your writer is to help you express your messages clearly and eloquently. Specifically,
- to present your subject or topic in the clearest and best light;
- to explain without assuming that the reader has any prior knowledge of the topic; and
- if persuasion is required, to persuade honestly: state the truth and emphasize all features and benefits with clarity, conviction, and enthusiasm.
Great writing should both demonstrate and foster clear thinking. It should also get out of the way: the best writing calls attention to the subject or message, not to itself.
Throughout my career, my copywriting clients have told me that I “get it” – I understand what they’re trying to communicate, and I put it into words that accurately express what they want to say.
Similarly, I've often been told that in my technical writing, I have a talent for making complex concepts easy to understand.