"Starter Plus" Website
Like the Basic package, Starter Plus gives you a web presence that's simple, clean, well-organized and mobile-friendly. The "Plus" refers to the additional capabilities that we can add to your site by building it with WordPress.
To build your “Starter Plus” website for you:
Starting with the same list as for the Starter Basic package, we will:
- Offer you a shortlist of beautiful templates to help you pick your desired design.
- Customize your selected design to include your logo and your company colour(s) and font(s).
- Help you decide on the best menu structure for your site.
- Create an attractive and effective home page with all your key messages & calls to action.
- Use the content that you supply to create all your other web pages (up to 20), including Product pages, About page, and Contact page.
- Add any photos and/or videos that you supply.
- Create a simple Contact Form for receiving inquiries from your website.
- Create your site’s favicon (the small icon that identifies your website on the tab at the top of your browser, next to your page's title).
- Do basic search engine optimization (SEO) of all pages, based on your (supplied) top keyword phrases.
- Upload, test, and launch your new website on your hosting server.
And we add the following Plus features:
- Your choice of up to five specialty features for your website, such as:
- a photo gallery
- a slideshow or carousel
- a blog area
- a portfolio area
- a staff profiles page
- a company news page
- a sign-up page or window for your newsletter
- embedded feeds of your social media posts
- buttons for sharing your pages or announcements on social media
- a members-only area with password-protected content
- an events calendar
- an embedded Google Calendar
- and many other specialty functions (let us know if you have a specific one in mind).
- The possibility to update the site yourself without web design skill or knowledge of HTML.
- A basic WordPress training/orientation instructional video, customized for your site.
Optional but also included:
- If desired, we can add social media icons to the top or bottom of your site, with links to your social media page(s).
- If desired, we can embed a Google Map of your location to your Contact page.
- If desired, we can add your (supplied) Google Analytics code to all pages.
Not included (but available as add-on services):
- Selecting and registering your domain name (and related email address): $40*
- Selecting, purchasing, and setting up your website’s hosting account: $40*
- Setting up your Google Analytics account: $40
- Setting up your social media account(s): $40 each
(*These add-on service prices don't include the cost of hosting or of domain name registration.)
We’ll complete your website within three weeks (15 business days) after you supply us with all of the content (written material and photos) that you would like on your website.
In a rush?
Add CAD $300 to the cost to get your Starter Plus website built for you within one week (5 business days) after you supply us with all of the content (written material and photos) for your website.
Who this package is best for
The Starter Plus is perfect for owners of new businesses who want a professional online presence with some additional features and capabilities, such as the addition of a blog area, a photo gallery, connections to your newsletter or social media pages, and so on. This option is built on the WordPress platform, which also gives you the option to make changes to the website yourself, if you want to.
- Fully responsive (mobile-friendly)
- Clean, professional design
- Option for extra capabilities, through the use of plug-ins
- Option to learn how to edit the site yourself
What you supply
To keep the Starter Plus cost so affordable, we will rely on you to supply us with the following pieces of your new website:
- All of the written content for your website
- All of the visuals (photos) for your website
- Your company logo, colour(s), and font(s)
- Your domain name
- Your hosting package's login information
- A list of the top SEO keywords and keywords phrases that you'd like to be found with
If you're interested, here's a blog post about the technologies that we use to build our Starter websites for our small business clients.